Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Post


The simple question posed at the end of class the other day was: why am I in this class?

In short, it's an obvious answer; it's a class that fits into the requirements for the concentration within my major. Through the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at University of Vermont, I'm working towards a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science with a concentration in Conservation Biology and Biodiversity.

With all that jargon out of the way, the long answer is that I thought the class would be interesting. I thought it would further explain how to understand and realize the different parts within the whole of an ecosystem. In all honesty, I could have taken any number of classes to just fulfill the requirement, I picked this class because I think studying a problem on the ecosystem level is the most effective way to figuring out the world around us. Understanding how the pieces, or in this case species, within a puzzle interlock is the key to problem solving. That being said, I hope this class helps me to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment